Eating Sushi is Easy. Making Sushi is Even Easier.
Let your love of sushi inspire you to prepare and enjoy it in your home. This beautiful guide and cookbook opens a window to everything that’s so fascinating—and intimidating—about sushi, while laying out easy-to-follow tips and techniques to help sushi lovers become confident sushi chefs.
In Japan, sushi is often made by home cooks and served as a casual family meal. Sushi at Home honors the spirit of authentic, homemade sushi by walking you through the entire process, including:
• information on shopping for essential (but not extensive) sushi equipment
• recommendations for where to find core ingredients
• advice on how to select the freshest fish for sushi
• preparations for the perfect sushi rice using white or brown rice
• step-by-step illustrations for slicing fish, rolling maki, forming rice balls, shaping nigiri, and more
• 80 authentic, popular, and creative sushi recipes
With no more than a sharp knife, rice paddle, and bamboo rolling mat, you’re well on your way to confidently creating your sushi bar favorites—sake not included.
Includes recipes for Tuna Sashimi with Sesame Seeds and Scallions; Marinated Mackerel Sashimi; Spicy Tuna Roll; Dragon Roll; Shrimp Futomaki; Yellowtail and Red Chili Temari; Salmon Nigiri; Avocado, Cucumber, and Shiso Nigiri; Diced Ginger Eggplant Gunkanmaki; and many more!